Liqui Moly High Tech 5W40 - Renault Laguna II 3.0V6 2001, PB+LPG, 252kkm

• Hello! In the beginning, I am sorry for not writing in German - I know a little bit of it - enough to read German (with help of Google Translate), but not enough to write. I apologize & thank you for your help in advance.

I drive a Renault Laguna II 3.0V6, petrol+LPG, year of production 2001. Engine L7X, automatic transmission Aisin Warner AW55-50SN. 207HP, naturally aspirated. My driving profile is: 70% in city, 30% on highways. I drive mostly (90%) on LPG. I often accelerate quickly and drive at higher RPMs. I sent my engine oil & transmission for analysis. Results are here in attachments.

Engine - 3.0 V6 L7X:

For last changes I used Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40, with Liqui Moly Engine Flush added before. Last oil change was at 243 500km, when I was changing timing belt & other related things. When I sent oil for analysis it had 252 000km (8500km driven, 7 months). I didn’t add any oil during interval - car doesn’t consume any (or very minimal amounts).

ATF - automatic gearbox - Aisin Warner AW55-50SN:

For last change I used Ravenol T-IV ATF (recommended one). Last oil change was around 2 months (~2 000km) before analysis. It was a dynamic change - I used 16L of oil (gearbox oil capacity is around 8.5L) & Liqui Moly Flush for ATF. Oil was very dirty. This gearbox doesn’t have any cooling solution. I suspect mechanical issues with gearbox & for sure there are issues with solenoids.

I have a few questions:

1) What is your opinion on results of these analyses?

2) I noticed the higher level of silicone in engine oil. Is that from issues with loose air intake or can it be something else? I am planning to work on air intake (filter, seals, air throttle) very soon - as I am reworking LPG installation a little bit.

3) I am planning on changing oils soon (after I fix the air intake issues). I picked this strategy:

Engine:

First add engine flush & little bit (~0.3l) of diesel fuel - for around 15 minutes. Then fill with new cheap oil and engine flush (without diesel fuel) for 15 more minutes. Then afterwards add new oil and additive.

I plan to go with oil - Ravenol VST Turbo USVO 5W40 & additive Archoil AR9200V2 (maybe custom mix of AR9100&AR9200V2, but that is a bit too expensive for me).

Automatic transmission:

I plan to do 2 or 3 static oil changes - remove oil, add new oil, drive for ~50km, then repeat procedure. I plan to go with Mannol ATF JWS3309 T-IV - I think it’s compatible (but please confirm it), and it’s extremely cheap when buying in bulk (20L). I wanted to add Archoil AR9100 to it (after last change), but I am not sure if this is a good idea for an automatic transmission with torque converter.

Is this a good choice for my car?

Thanks a lot for help (you can respond either in English or German - no worries)!

• I am planning to change motor oil very soon (max 2-3 weeks). In my place, RCS 5W40 is much more expensive than VST Turbo 5W40 (even combined with Archoil Sport Mix). So I would like to go with VST Turbo + AR Sport - is that a good choice, or will RCS be much better?

• rlaguna30

I think you asked too many questions at once. You might be more successful if you post your questions in separate threads. One about the engine and one about the gearbox.

… and your next question here - please in GERMAN LANGUAGE

ENDLESS :relax: PAGID :relax: FERODO

• As far as I know in the past, the mods don't like the fact that communication is in a foreign language … Maybe a mod will decide this. Neither language bother me...

Because of the engine oil, I would go with EddyF.

Btw. :welcome: to the oil-club1

• I think the main problem is, that this is not a classic advice thread. It is more like an analyze / result thread.

For the advice threads I also know that you can use English, but not in the general ones. They are German only.

So rlaguna30, could you please open also two threads for oil consulting?

One for your car over here: Renault

And one for your gearbox over there: Welches Getriebe- & Differentialöl?

Please answer the questions as good as you can. The ppl will try to get your questions covered. And yes you can use English in both of them.

Gruß Edwin

---

BMW F31 LCI 320dA (2015) [B47D20] 1207839.png

Motoröl: :fu: Titan GT1 PRO 2290 5W-30 + 6 Additive :döba: = >20 % Additive | Getriebeöl: :fu: Titan ATF 6008 | Sprit: EN-590 Diesel + :maol: 9930 Diesel Ester

Opel Speedster Turbo (2001/2003) [Z20LET] 1207841.png

Motoröl: :rav: RHV Racing High Viscosity 20W-60 | Sprit: :aral: Ultimate 102

Smart #1 Brabus