• Today I drew the first sample from my current engine oil for an used oil analysis, before I put a bottle of MTC into it for the next 500km cleaning phase. The current oil and additiv mixture has been used for 5'866km (2L Gulf Competition 10W-40; 2L Gulf Competition 15W-50 and 250mL WS2-E Engine-Oil-Upgrade/DE: Ultra High-Performance synthetic Di-ester, nanosized Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) / dialkylammonium Tungstate, Boron nitride (hBN))
    • After 500km I am going to make an oil change of the engine and the gear box.
    • The oil in the gear box was used for approx. 20'000km (Motulgear 75W-80).
    • I will draw a sample of used oil in the gear box for analysis
    • Then the gear box will get fresh Motulgear oil + 5% MTC. I also plan a fresh oil analysis of this mixture.
    • The engine oil will be changed the same day and I will apply the same Gulf mixture (10W-40/15W-50), but instead of the WS2-E Engine-Oil-Upgrade additiv, I will ad 10% of the MTC and also plan to make a fresh oil analysis.
    • I will also apply the Polytron fuel conditioner starting from this timepoint.

Gruss
    Ronald

• This evening, the oil changes were planed. I do not know, if this still can happen, because Switzerland announced national state of emergency. Everything will be closed except doctors, groceries, petrol stations, … I am even not allowed to leave Switzerland, because Germany closed the boarder. I do not know, if I can walk across by feet. I will keep you updated.

Gruss
    Ronald

• I got this information from Kees, as I asked him for the density of the MTC.

Yesterday I wanted to pool the samples but I ran into some problems. I wanted to mix a sample for fresh oil analysis of the Motulgear 75W-80 with 5% of Polytron MTC. The density I found for Motul was 0.878. I thought, as the MTC additiv consists also from oil, I assumed the same density for a rough calculation. Density * Volume = Mass. I also thought the container for the oilcheck sample is approx. 100mL. Then for a 5% mixture I need 5mL Additiv and 95mL Motul oil:
    - 84g Motul 75W-80
    - 4g MTC
    The balance is not very accurate because it is used in my kitchen and has no decimal place. But I guessed this should be sufficient.

But after I put the Motul oil into the sample flask, It was already full after 75g and I needed to fill additionally 9g. Something seemed to be wrong

Something seemed to be wrong:
    - density of the Motul 75W-80 (0.878), but this is from the technical data sheet
    - density of the MTC (0.981), I got the value from Kees afterwards, but this is not that relevant compared to the 0.878 I calculated with)
    - volume of sample flask 100mL (is it maybe less?)

Ok, I put the mixture back into the Motul bottle and I tried to flush the sample flask several times to remove remaining MTC. First with the Motyl bottle containing 4g of MTC and afterwards two times with the other Motul bottle containing no MTC. Finally I added Motul 75W-80 only in the sample flask to analyse it as fresh oil without MTC. This was not my original plan, but the only feasible at that time.

I drew the used oil sample from Motul 75W-80 afterwards in the garage. It was used for approx. 21'000km in the gearbox. For my surprise, it was not that black as used motor oil after an oil change. After the oil change, I filled in approx. 95mL of MTC together with 1.9L of Motul 75W-80. This makes a mixture of approx. 5% of MTC in the gearbox.

Finally I made the oil change of the engine together with fresh oil filter and MTC as additiv.
    - 2.5L Gulf Competition 15W-50
    - 380mL remaining MTC
    - 1.0L Gulf Competition 10W-40
    The nominal required volume of motor oil for the engine is 4.2L. But we added 3.9L fresh oil into it. And the oil dip stick was showing full. So we stopped and added not more oil. Maybe a rest is sticking in the engine and/or in the oil pan.

We let the engine run for about 5 min to see, if we have a leakage and after that I drew a "fresh" oil sample out of the engine (out of the tube for the oil dip stick). For my surprise it was already pretty black again.

The next days I will prepare the shipment of the samples to Oilcheck:
    - used oil Motul 75W-80 (21'000km)
    - fresh oil Motul 75W-80 (no MTC)
    - used oil Gulf Competition 10W-40/15W-50 and the WS2-E Engine-oil-Upgrade/DE additiv (approx. 6'000km)
    - fresh oil Gulf Competition 10W-40/15W-50 and 9% Polytron MTC

The next plans:
    - drive 2 - 3 gas fillings and after I will apply the Polytron fuel conditioner for test.
    - used oil analysis of the engine after 10 - 15'000km (or maybe after 6'000km for comparison with the current used oil analysis)
    - used oil analysis of the gear box after 21'000km

Gruss
    Ronald

• Ich finde es gut Ronald wie genau du das Thema angehst, hätte aber eine Anmerkung. Sollte das ganze nicht auf Deutsch dokumentiert werden?

Mir persönlich ist es egal, ich verstehe das auch so problemlos, aber ich denke ein großer Teil des Forums wird so ausgeschlossen.

Gruß

Karsten

• Ja wenn man wie ich im IT Bereich arbeitet ganz sicher, aber ich schätze mindestens 70% der Leute können kein so gutes Englisch das Sie das alles verstehen können ;)

EDIT: Alles gut, reicht doch wenn man es ab jetzt in Deutsch fort führt (wegen mir sowieso nicht).

Gruß

Karsten

• Da Deutschland die Grenzen dicht gemacht hat, kann ich die Ölproben nicht aus Deutschland verschicken. Ich darf nicht rüber. Ich war gestern auf der Schweizer Post und habe da das Päckchen aufgegeben inkl. Zollformalitäten. Der Versand kostet fast so viel wie eine Analyse (38 CHF, 35 EUR). Zustellung mit Verzögerungen erwartet. Ich hoffe, die Muster kommen an und werden noch bearbeitet, weil Bayern seit heute auch eine Ausgangssperre hat. Oilcheck arbeitet zwar weiter, aber in diesen irren Zeiten, muss man mit allem rechnen.
    #theendisnear :hust:

Gruss
    Ronald

• Youtube: Gulf Competition 10W-40/15W-50 plus Polytron MTC additiv in Mini R56 JCW GP2

vergleiche dazu / compare with

Youtube: Gulf Competition 10W-40/15W-50 with WS2-E Engine-Oil-Upgrade additive

If you listen with a headphone or loudspeaker, you will hear a difference. The MTC additive from Polytron sounds a little bit deeper, maybe calmer.

Wenn Ihr mit Kopfhörer oder Lautsprecher hört, dann hört man einen Unterschied. Mit MTC Additiv klingt es ein wenig tiefer, vielleicht ruhiger.

Gruss
    Ronald

• Nach dem Corona Shutdown bin ich nicht mehr viel unterwegs gewesen. 4 Wochen Homeoffice und dann wieder zur Arbeit, aber meistens mit dem Motorrad. Etwas war ich dann doch noch unterwegs und heute habe ich endlich den Polytron Fuel Conditioner in den Tank gegeben. 50mL auf 50L ist die Dosierung für die 1. Anwendung, später dann 25mL auf 50L Benzin.

Ich tat mir schwer, wie ich das in den Tank kippen soll, mittels beigefügtem Messbecher. Also habe ich eine andere Flasche mit langem Hals genommen, die 50mL Fuel Conditioner hineingefüllt und die Flasche konnte ich dann in einem stürzen und schnell durch die Tankklappe reinkippen. Schauen wir Mal, was sich die nächsten Tankfüllungen so ergibt.

Gruss
    Ronald

• Hello Ronald,

The bottle construction is a little bit odd. I agree that should be redesigned....

In your case an option would be to use a screwdriver to "open" the locked part, and than put the right amount of FC to the tank.

Hope this will help.. :)