Golf gtd timing belt

• Da mein Englisch nicht wirklich perfekt ist, schreibe ich auf deutsch und hoffe du nutzt einen Übersetzer.

Ich fahre einen 2014 Golf 1.6 TDI, laut Serviceplan wird dort der Zahnriemen (Timing Belt) bei 210.000km gewechselt.
    In staubigen Gebieten bei 120.000km. Eine Zeitangabe gibt es dort nicht!

• i would change it after 5 years, even if i have not driven a single mile. I have cars in some other countries/ continents and i change the timing belt every 4 years on my beloved cars, but that is just me.

:moin: :service:

• Bei VW werden alle Zahnriemen ab 2012, glaube ich, nach 210.000km gewechselt, ohne Zeitangabe. In extrem staubigen Gebieten eben nach 120.000km.
    Nach 5 Jahren ist bei den heutigen Riemen totaler quatsch. Nach 10 Jahren könnte man mal drüber nachdenken.

BMW F31 340i

• I did 5 timing belt changes the past year. Milage interval was good at all vehicles. Time Intervall was exceeded a lot in two cases: One belt 18 Years 90.000km (Mitsubishi 4G13) , one belt 14 Years 110.000 km (Peugeot TU3) but the condition was not so bad.

Time interval was once 6 years but has been prolonged to 10 years later.

Milage interval is what stresses the belt most: It is bent back an forth millions of times around tight and tighter radius. This breaks the fibers inside in the end.

Aging stresses the rubber on the outside. This will cause the teeth to shear off when the rubber became brittle. But the rubber Material is very good today, and you can inspect the condition from the outside. The fibers inside are impossible to inspect in a workshop.

Please check the time interval for this engine. If there ist none, 8-10 years is reasonable under all conditions and to be safe. Checking is a good idea anyway, if belt runs nice in the middle an looks like new.

Mazda RX8 ロータリーエンジン - Rōtarīenjin

Motor: :ams: XL 10W-40
    Getriebe: :rav: VSG 75W-90
    Achsgetriebe: :ams: Severe Gear 75W-90