Valvoline SynPower 4T 10w50 - KTM Adventure 1190 - 6.100 Km

• Hello friends of Germany even if the time is difficult ... our passions always remain ... :check:
    After so many cars finally a nice bike! :bik:
    KTM 1190 adventure 2015
    engine 1195 cm twin-cylinder 75°
    150 hp. at weel 134 more or less
    After having used the bardahl xts 10w50 last year... I put here the here present valvoline synpower motorad always 10w50 following the same viscosity indicated by the house ktm
    I traveled about 6100 km alternating 60% suburban 30% highway and 10% city...
    Every year I change the oil and every year I cover 6000 km approximately... needless to say that I almost never use all the power of the bike...
    The analysis is as good as blackstone confirms...but I don't understand the high value of sodium and the low value of boron.....
    Can you explain why? :überleg:
    I am satisfied anyway...and the next oil that I will analyze will be motul 7100 10w50...but for lanalysis you will have to wait until next year! :grins3:

Translated with https://oil-club.de/www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Ciao Alessandro
    tutto a posto?

Thanks for the analysis :)

Sodium is mostly considered as an Additive so no need to sweat about it.

But damn, your Bike has sheared down the once SAE 50 grade Oil to the lower side of a 30 grade Oil..

No sweat about it either, Engine handled it pretty well.

Do you possibly know about the Titanium contained? Any Engine parts made from?

Have never seen it in an analysis outside the Castrol and Kendall Universe.

Rimani forte

• I also searched on the internet and I found no news about the materials with which the engine is buil...
    but I can imagine since it is a thrust unit that the use of titanium there is ... as in the connecting rods or in the piston rods, cylinder, cams ... the same engine is mounted on the ktm rc8 .... so ...
    Back to me ... I am in Liguria and here the situation is less critical ... but I know people with covid 19 who got infected in the hospital :trau3: ... in Lombardy is a real war ...

• Alessandro

I am not very familiar with Motorcycles anymore since I quit driving them in 2007.

To me it looks like you have the LC8 Engine installed which incorporates Inlet Valves made of Titanium. This could explain the Ti reading in your analysis...

I have no idea what to do against Valve (shaft) wear in particular. Have you thought about the use of a 20w-60 4T Engine Oil maybe?

In case the Ti comes with the Oil, forget the above statement and just carry on :bik:

Cordiali saluti da Monaco B.