So I have a VW Passat BiTDI 10/2015, remaped to 290bhp and 560nm (so, a Stage 0, a softer touch). Only has about 75k km.
I do the oil changes at about 10k km, with all the filters.
I have used (2 oil changes so far, since i bought the car (i bought it at 55.900km)) i have used Mobil 1 ESP 0W30.
From which I understand the 507 standard for VW TDI with DPF, are 0W30 and 5W30.
From my point of view, the 0W30 is the better choice.
Did anyone use M1 ESP 0W30 and can make a review of the oil?
Any other recommandations?
1. Car Manufacturer, Model, Year of Construction: VW PASSAT VARIANT, 10/2015
2. Engine - diesel / gasoline, displacement, power: CUAA, BITDI, 2000cmc, 240bhp/500nm ( now at about 290bhp/560nm ) + ADBLUE
3. Oil volume of the engine: 4,9L service fill
4. Driving Profile - Motorsport, Short-Distance: Mostly normal driving, daily basis around town and surroundings ( aprox 40-50km/day, maybe more ). 50% normal driving, 30% sportier and about 20% fast
5. Average speed (see BC, if available): on a daily use around 30-40kmh, extraurban style 70-90kmh ( we do not have a lot of highways in Romania :)) )
6. Planned oil change intervals: 10.000km ( oil and all the filters ). It may sound stupid for most people, but i always respect my car. Small engine, only 5L of oil, 2 turbos, a lot of cold starts, mostly urban driving... better this way. I wanted to buy a 2.0TSI for how i use the care, but the price was about 3-4000eur over the streched to the limit budget... )
7. Mileage per year: between 25.000 and 30.000km
8. Total mileage of the car (mileage): 74.000km ( bought second-hand form Germany at 55.900km, and remaped at about 65.000km )
9. So far used oil: Mobil 1 ESP 0W30 ( i had a very good experience with Mobil 1 ESP 0W40, on my previous car ( Opel Astra 2.0CDTI 165bhp/350nm - remaped to 190bhp/400nm for about 60.0000km - 6 service oil replacements, but for the VW this oil does not fulfill the norm 504/507 )
10. Oil consumption ml / 1.000Km: for the last 11.000 since i serviced the car, and half of them pushed on highways at high speeds, the consumption was 100-200ml.
11. Which oil temperatures are reached: normaly at bout 90-110dgr
12. Emission standard, exhaust aftertreatment: EURO6 with ADBLUE
13. Manufacturer releases and viscosities: 0W30 and 5W30
14. Manufacturer's warranty or goodwill claims: without warranty
15. Performance increase / planned: already increased
16. Other irregularities, parts exchange, cleaning etc .: none
17. Planned budget: no limit, just a good oil that can be found easily ( i live in Romania )
18. Contamination by oil filling opening visible? - i don't understand the question